- The number of red blood cells (RBC count)
- The number of white blood cells (WBC count)
- The total amount of hemoglobin in the blood
- The fraction of the blood composed of red blood cells (hematocrit)
The CBC test also provides information about the following measurements:
- Average red blood cell size (MCV)
Hemoglobin amount per red blood cell (MCH)
- The amount of hemoglobin relative to the size of the cell (hemoglobin concentration) per red blood cell (MCHC)
The platelet count is also included in the CBC.
Special Preparation: None.
More detailed CBC Test Information